For any new orders/requests please feel free to use as usual: tech at esp8266-projects.com.
MPDMv7.5 Boards are also available on Tindie: AC MAINS Dimmer – MPDMv7.5
MPDMv7.5 by ESP8266-Projects.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
And the story behind:
MPDMv7.5 is a next step in the AC MAINS Dimmer development boards world. It can be seen as the long evolution of the well known MMPDMv4 AC dimmer boards in a more complex device that can help you to easy develop your own related software applications.
MPDMv7 is a MAINS Power Dimmer/Switch with integrated Phase detection and ZCD (Zero Crossing Detection) processing. It is Triac driven and intended to be used for lighting control. Tested and working ok with standard lightbulbs (incandescent lamps or the new Halogen ECO). For LED or fluorescent lights you need to check first that they are dimmable units.
Designed and tested for EU MAINS 240V/50Hz and also on US 110/60hz.
- very compact all-in-one solution, the MPDMv7.5 board is only about 6.5cm x 5 cm !!
- One board, no extra wires, just add your MCU board (for the basic version) or just order the ESP8266 version (ESP8266) for a complete and compact AC MAINS Dimmer development board
- No extra MAINS power supply needed, all included onboard
- 100% compatible with MPDMv4 AC dimmer boards, so all the previous related articles, applications, projects and code are fully compatible, nothing to be changed, only the allocated GPIO pin, GPIO13 for VCNT.
- can be configured with full ON/OFF hardware function -> one of the most required options especially in cases when you want to have a full power OFF option for your LED lightbulbs! thru GPIO16 (if configured like that, by default it behaves as MPDMv4) !
- full pin headers access, for easy expansion thru I2C bus, GPIO pins, ADC, etc
- designed with safety in mind, properly protected with high quality ceramic fuse & MOV
- extended version option – adds onboard also a 12bit DAC, for a even smoother dimming function
- a lot more to discover when playing with 🙂
For more details about AC Dimmer please read articles below:
- MPDMv4 – MAINS Dimmer / Switch – General Overview
- Triac command and Phase detection circuits explained
Next time we will see how easy is to use it and how to write a full program for it!