Available also on Tindie store: https://www.tindie.com/stores/nEXT_EVO1/
What is it?
MPRSx8 is a WIFI friendly 8x MAINS Relays board fully compatible with Arduino, ARM, ESP8266, ESP32, PIC, RaspberryPI, etc
The idea behind was to design a safe, compact, all-in-one Universal MAINS (EU/US) compatible 8x High Power Relays board that can be easily used for industrial or home automation projects and experiments, fully compatible with Arduino, ARM, ESP8266, ESP32, PIC, RaspberryPI, etc.
– Compact, standard size: 16×5 cm! (half Eurocard height)
– Universal AC MAINS input (240VAC/50Hz (EU) or 110V/60Hz (US)
– Safe operation design
– Proper MOV and high quality ceramic FUSE MAINS input protection.
– 8 x MAINS rated 15A Relays
– 8 x independent swithing Power Channels
– Power Channels can be software configured for mutually exclusive usage
– Recommended load upto 10A/channel
– LED signaling Panel for each Power Channel Status
– Integrated switchmode MAINS PSU
– Separate high efficient switchmode PSU for command & control circuit
– Can work also from a external +12V power supply just not install the MAINS PSU
– I2C / nEXT Bus compatible – you can add your own extension modules – light sensors, gas, motion, etc
– Can be stacked upto 8 boards for a total of 64 Power Channels!!
– Compatible with any I2C compatible MCU/Board: Arduino, ARM, PIC, ATMEGA, ESP8266, ESP32, RaspberryPI, etc
– ESP8266 friendly design: can add your ESP8266 module directly onboard for a full WIFI MAINS Power switchboard solution
– Full access to ESP8266 pins thru 2 headers gives you even more flexibility in developing your projects!
– Full programming header (Tx, Rx, GPIO0 and Reset)
For more details, software examples and many more please take a look also to the MCU Projects World Youtube Channel
|Command and control side – pinout details|
|MAINS input power supply|
|3.3V power supply for the command and control section|
In Part 2 we will continue with the software side, how to connect, program and use the MPRSx8 Relay board.